iPatientCare Nephrology EHR has been designed specifically for Nephrologists having a specialty specific content and workflow included within the fully integrated product. iPatientCare Nephrology specific EHR can be easily adapted to your own workflow and a method of practicing Nephrology Medicine enabling all providers within a care team to access and share patient information, regardless of who treats the patient, care delivered at each stage is consistently based on real-time clinical data.
iPatientCare Nephrology EHR not only provides the latest clinical data, charts and patient information, but also ensures that the data is HIPAA compliant, provides customizable standards and provides nephrologists with a real-time clinical information and meaningful use dashboard to assist in care decisions. In all iPatientCare offers an easy to use, turn-key solution for Nephrology practices that integrates medical visits, procedures and billing in a single system.
Point-n-click Pre-loaded Nephrology Specific Templates:
A Practice workflow speeds up for patient charting only with a system that allows information at point-n-click, directly into the progress note without tediously typing commonly used recommendations:
- Acute Renal Failure
- Chronic Renal Failure
- Cystic Kidney Disease
- Electrolyte Imbalance
- Flank Pain
- Horseshoe Kidney
- Kidney Problems
- Renal Disease
- Stones in Urine
- Traumatic Anuria
- Urinary Calculus
Nephrology Document/ Image Management:
The integrated module of Document and Image management enables uploading large images, scanned documents, x-rays demonstrating endoscopic diagnosis.
- Allows storing high quality images
- Facility to index images for quick retrieval
- Customized file folders to organize documents
- Easy access to patient documents/ images
- Multi-scan facility
- Fax management module integrated
ePrescription/PDR-Based Prescription Writing :
The flexible and comprehensive prescription module tracks medications and refill history. Improve patient care with drug education integration, dosing, allergy and drug interaction and contraindication checks.
- Improved patient safety and overall quality of care by maintaining history of current/ past medications
- Increases patient compliance
- Facility to track refill history and improved reporting ability.
- Drug-Drug Interaction Checks
- Drug-Allergy Interaction Checks
- Drug-Formulary Checks
- Pharmacy database, allowing for maintenance of a doctor favorite list and patient preferred list
- Automated Refill Notices
The standardized order set have eventually emerged as a powerful clinical decision support tool that assists in shaping patient care and plays an important role in advancing evidence-based medicine. The Pre-loaded order-set Saves physicians’ valuable time by freeing them from having to memorize and hand-write repetitive orders for all the combinations of appropriate medications, tests and treatment options
- Significant improvement in patient safety and quality of care
- A reference library of hundreds of evidence-based order sets that can easily be customized by healthcare organizations
- Facility for the clinicians to view comparative data on their ordering practices
Clinical Decision Support - Preventive Maintenance and Disease Management Alerts:
- Clinical-decision support (CDS) systems enable to capture, store, and manage clinical information over time. Improved access to a patient’s records and knowledge of medical best practices through health IT applications can help providers spend less time looking for information and more time focused on caring for patients.
- Preventative and health maintenance reminders to view, edit and update patients health record.
- Integrated health maintenance and disease management alerts providers about outstanding nephrology related alerts; built-in clinical hints suggest best practices for diabetes, hypertension, and other nephrology conditions
Nephrology-specific physical exam and review of systems:
iPatientCare’s Nephrology Specific EHR provides pre-loaded physical exam findings in your note. Similarly for the Nephrology Review of Systems you will find Nephrology relevant complaints and symptoms such as muscle cramps, poor appetite, swollen feet and trouble sleeping.
Lab Interface/Flow sheet:
- Import of Ultrasound Scanning, CT Scanning, Scintigraphies and Angiographies, Bi-directional Lab interfaces facilitating the practice to easily document the diagnosis.
- One of the unique features of iPatientCare flow sheet is the ability to graph and chart a patient's studies.
- This feature gives the provider a quick, at-a-glance view of the patient's condition over time.
- iPatientCare electronic flow sheet can be used to track lab results, exam elements such as Range of Motion, or even exercises and pain assessments.
Integrated PMS and E&M Coding Assistance for Nephrologists:
E&M coding advisor in iPatientCare eliminates revenue loss from under coding while improving accuracy, increasing reimbursements and eliminate manual charge entry. The robust built-in tool accurately code encounters and comply with the Health Care Financing Administration's (HCFA) Evaluation and Management (E&M) Guidelines.The E & M advisor shows not only how an individual encounter scores against the documentation guidelines, but also what it lacks to support the next coding level.