There are many electronic medical record choices in the market today. But there are only very few vendors who are capable of building a perfect cardiology software, keeping in mind all the needs of cardiologists. A cardiology EHR is all-in-one solution, that not only improves efficiency of a cardiology practice, but also manages referrals and quality measures.
Now there are more affordable implementation of cardiology EHR with practice management. Along with standard functionality such as billing, scheduling, workflow management; a customized cardiology EHR gives freedom to create templates based on the practice’s operational and clinical activities. Cardiologists want their EHR to be flexible, and should prove to operate efficiently in all conditions. Some of the additional capabilities that can assist cardiologists better are:
- Automated report population for data captured through Spirometer, EKG, Holster and ECHO devices.
- Compatible with mostly all diagnostic machines
- Fully integrated EKG management system automatically stores EKG content into cardiology EHR, creating a comprehensive centralized patient record.
A Cardiology EHR should have cloud based functionality with integrated revenue cycle management platform. It should be strengthened by medical billing, patient engagement, care coordination, and population health management services.
Furthermore, these services are also provided with point-of-care mobile apps, that easily integrate with the main EHR software. Cardiologists’ work is complicated and they have to be very careful about their clinical procedures. Some things that Cardiologists look for in Cardiology EHR are:
- Should be cloud-based
- Should be integrated with revenue cycle management
- Integrated with patient engagement
- Integrated with care coordination
- Integrated with population health management services
- Should also be supplemented with mobile apps which should be integrated with EHR
- Should allow the practice to easily collect, analyze and generate medical reports
- The EHR must automatically update to efficiently manage normal regulatory changes in ICD-10 and meaningful Use
- Features should also include patient scheduling, medical documentation, ePrescribing and Financial report
- Must effectively merge all daily task of a practice on one user-friendly platform
- Should allow the practice to view patients’ histories, allergies, past visits, current medications, lab results, while effectively managing patient accounts.
- Must make practices to move away from the heavy desktop, server-based technology
- Must easily connect to internet and allow access from any device
- Must allow the cardiologists to chart through voice dictation
- The software should have customizable templates, macros, and other tools that allow the practices to complete a patient record in less time.
Cardiology EHR Features:
- A dashboard that consists of built-in MACRA for MIPS reporting, to avoid penalties
- Portal for patient engagement and access to the practice with ability for patients to self-serve, and have secured online payment
- Use of kiosk in office, eliminates manual entry by staff
- Extensive cardiology-specific templates with built-in cardiology specific codes
- Checklist of past/present (CAD, IDOM, CVA and other heart conditions)
- Diagnostic equipment interfacing
- Medication tracking mechanisms
- Palpation with PMI, heart sounds and pulse functions
- Identify patients for clinical trials
- Manage reports
How to choose Cardiology EHR?
The cardiology EHR software should be able to receive and analyze large amounts of data for each patient. For instance, there might be some patients suffering from life-threatening or time-sensitive conditions. While evaluating the process keep in mind the following criteria:
Practice size plays an important role. The software is designed for certain number and type of user, keeping scalability in mind. The software should be selected keeping in mind the number of cardiologists in practice.
Must look into system architecture – must be installed directly on the computer servers. Must be cloud-based so that one can access from anywhere.
As mentioned the most common complaint among medical professionals is lack of consistent and legible patient records. Implementing cardiology EHR software within practice offers ability to create reports, scans and folders for patients. The staff is able to document patients’ charts effortlessly and accurately during appointments.
Sometimes, medications are required from other specialists even when the patients might not have heart-related conditions. This software makes it quicker and easier to order new prescriptions, making referrals, and ordering tests. This way the practice is able to accommodate more patients in a day, without compromising the level of care they receive.
There are Financial benefits too. Here, this software helps automatic processing of payments at faster rate. Allows practice to decrease the paper work and increase the level of staff productivity, while lowering office expenses.
Cardiology EHR always has accurate and updated information available at time of needs (any emergencies). This is due an easy access from anywhere.
It is advantageous to have customized templates. These templates are created within patient’s record, according to each patient needs and organizes the type of test ordered. Accessing these folders makes it easy and eliminates the concern of not having the needed test results during each appointments. When a cardiologist is having an emergency, it is crucial to act fast and be accurate in making decisions to save their patient’s life.
When it comes to diagnosis, treatment, and management of disorders of the heart and blood vessels, cardiology requires special training and attention. iPatientCare understands the support and care that cardiologists and their practice requires.
Therefore, iPatientCare cardiology EHR is built with custom features, reports, and templates to match personalized needs and provide access to patient history and more. Cardiology EHR software will only add to the professionalism of the practice as it is designed to improve the care of patients, as their ever-changing needs vary.
Feel free to get in touch with us in order to get any guidance/consultation related to healthcare IT solutions you are looking for. Fill up the form here and our experts will setup a quick call as per your availability.